IMPROVE THE WAY YOU COOK
We all love fruit! We cherish them more in marmalades, where we can spread them on warm croissants, breads and all kind of pastry during breakfast or, as a matter of fact, any time of day.
Homemade marmalades are the finest. They’re made of simple ingredients we keep at home, easily and in no time. Let’s see how to make an easy apple marmalade:
What we will need
A 300gr vase/container
Mixer (hand mixer would be better in our case)
Less than 60 minutes
½ cup sugar
250 ml water
2 tblsp lemon juice
- Peel off the apples, remove the seeds and chop them evenly.
- In the deep pan, put water, apples and lemon juice and let boil for 20 minutes, until apples become soft.
- Remove from heat and let cool down. Then add sugar and mix all ingredients with the mixer.
- Put the pot back on the heat and cook until marmalade becomes thick.
- Remove from heat, let it cool down a bit and put marmalade in vase/container.
- Leave it to really cool down before putting it in the refrigerator. Enjoy your marmalade the next day!
Recipes to use with homemade apple marmalade:
- Almond pastries with marmalade
- Apple and marmalade cake
- Sweet Crepes with biscuits, banana and marmalade (by Elias Mamalakis)
- Pasta flora (Greek Jam Tart) with apricot marmalade
- Homemade glazed brioche (tsoureki)
- Apple & nut filled Tsoureki (Greek traditional sweet bread)