IMPROVE THE WAY YOU COOK
June is always welcomed with open arms and an airy disposition. The first month of the summer is also accompanied with tasty recipes and new flavors!
Nectarines, melons and watermelons start showing their peels off on grocery markets’ stands, conjuring memories of past summers. The only certainty is that our favorite summer fruits will accompany moments that will fill our hearts: on our porch, we slice a cool watermelon and then a melon, or place their pieces in a Tupperware, so as to place them neatly next to your mask and beach towels, next to the rest of the summer fruits we will enjoy in between dives.
Corn, the favorite. With lots of salt, waiting for us on summer movie nights or in the small streets on Greek islands, where street vendors grill corn on the cob.
Let’s not talk about vlita (notchweeds) that is served with nearly all summer dishes – seafood, fish – made even more delicious with added lemon or vinegar and goes especially well with french fries and greek salad!
Fresh in June
On the shelf
End of season
Recipes of June
- Pasta flora (Greek Jam Tart) with apricot marmalade
- Delicious Strawberry Cheesecake by Elias Mamalakis
- Carrot cake
- Multigrain Waffles with Seasonal Fruit
- Fried zucchini with eggs
- Easy Zucchini Omelet
- Roasted vegetable casserole (Boutrida)
- Spicy potato salad
- Fresh salad with Horio light white cheese
- Mediterranean Rye Rusk Bruschetta
- Vegetable Quiche
- Pizza with graviera, spring onions, bacon and fresh butter