IMPROVE THE WAY YOU COOK
We welcome «Ceasar» or the «Green» month, May!
From the very first day, we flee to the country side, where we enjoy the sun, spring and nature, making flower wreaths, or «Maywreaths». These traditional wreaths will be burnt at the fires of Saint Giannis on June 24th. Until that day, they will adorn the doors and porches of those whose houses «caught May.»
The fertility and flowering of the land is celebrated in May – our ancestors honored the freshness of the land with festivals dedicated to various god, as well as, nature. We welcome May with wreaths and strolls in nature, placing baskets full of delicious snacks atop of sheets that have been carefully spread on top of grass.
Let’s see the fresh fruits and vegetables that this month brings us, so that we can enjoy them with recipes and strolls in the countryside!
Have a great month from all of us at Horio!
Fresh in May
On the shelf
End of season
Recipes of May
- Fresh salad with Horio light white cheese
- Mediterranean Rye Rusk Bruschetta
- Colorful pork souvlaki (with peppers, cherry tomatoes and prosciutto)
- Kantaifi «nests» with kaimaki ice cream and sweet & sour cherries (vissino)
- Vegetarian pizza with graviera cheese, aubergine, artichoke and Horio organic Kalamata olives
- Stuffed omelet with feta and graviera cheese, turkey and tomato
- Juicy sea bass with vegetables
- Chicken with green peppers and Horio organic butter
- Stewed oysters with spinach
- Vegetarian pasta with white sauce, mushrooms and peppers
- Peach ice cream (delicacy for children)
- Eggplants salad
- Omelet with eggplants, potatoes and sausage (ideal for sandwiches)
- Eggplant with feta cheese