IMPROVE THE WAY YOU COOK
What can be said about our favorite vacation month? Our best childhood (and adult) memories floating with the August meltemi (summer breeze), the inimitable afternoons under the mulberry tree in the garden, the evening coolness.
Smiling from ear-to-ear, clutching a slice of watermelon in our –then- tiny hands, always accompanied by a little plate full of black seeds. Images of our mothers climbing fences to reach the top of fig trees, in order to fill up grandmother’s floral bowl with figs – figs so fresh that the drops of milk they produce have not dried yet.
But the most memorable picture? Feet coated with sand and the sound of ones footsteps against the gravel roads, footsteps following the rhythm of the sea and the afternoon sun. Each step bringing us closer to food! The post-swim meal is one of the greatest enjoyments of the Greek summer!
Welcome August, we greet you on the beaches and in the tree shades and fill our basket with the fruits and vegetables you bring us!
Fresh in August
- Prickly pear
On the shelf
End of Season
- Peach ice cream (delicacy for children)
- Chicken and graviera cheese salad
- Sweet and Sour Chicken Salad
- Vegetarian pizza with graviera cheese, aubergine, artichoke and Horio organic Kalamata olives
- Eggplants salad
- Roasted vegetable casserole (Boutrida)
- Omelet with eggplants, potatoes and sausage (ideal for sandwiches)
- Fried zucchini with eggs
- Easy Zucchini Omelet
- Delicious Strawberry Cheesecake by Elias Mamalakis