IMPROVE THE WAY YOU COOK
July has arrived and brings with it fresh and mouth-watering fruit and vegetables; Perfect to quench our thirst during the summer months.
Pears: We can make juice, with plenty of ice and enjoy it in the evening, allowing our body to absorb the fruit’s many benefits. Pears provide lots of vitamins, energy, it stimulates the immune system, takes care of the intestines’ health and prevents high blood pressure.
Something that you may not know about plums is their high iron content! They also provide energy, help the heart and the intestines’ health. Perhaps we should make some marmalade?
Finally… it’s our favorite fruits season: grapes. Our enjoyment increases when we pick it from our own yard, imagine how it skyrockets once we find out its many benefits: potassium, vitamins, heart protection, infection protection and it is also a great anti-inflammatory and antiallergenic.
Figs! With honey and walnuts, sun-dried or fresh; Figs denote summer vacation and provide vitamins, calcium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, potassium etc. It goes well with yogurt as well, or in a salad and takes care of our heart, intestines and also facilitates weight control.
Knowing all the above, we will not delay our visit to the local grocer and will fill up our basket with all the July fruits and vegetables!
Fresh in July
On the Shelf
End of Season
- Cuttlefish with rice, tomato and ouzo
- Cabbage with rice and tomato sauce
- Stuffed omelet with feta and graviera cheese, turkey and tomato
- Feta cheese, tomato and onion omelet
- Chocolate and Pear Tart
- Juicy pork roll with prunes and juniper berries
- Kantaifi «nests» with kaimaki ice cream and sweet & sour cherries (vissino)
- Pasta flora (Greek Jam Tart) with apricot marmalade
- Multigrain Waffles with Seasonal Fruit
- Vegetarian pasta with white sauce, mushrooms and peppers