IMPROVE THE WAY YOU COOK
If you think making pancakes takes too long, you got it all wrong! Truth is, they’re extremely easy to make, and they will become your next big thing – if they haven’t already!
In just a few minutes you can have a delicious breakfast, or, if longing for a sweet or savory snack during the day, pancakes are the answer. Add maple syrup or chocolate syrup in the end, grate chocolate on top, drizzle with marmalade and chopped fruit.
And if savory pancakes it is you prefer, sauté a few slices of bacon and place it, along with graviera slices, among the pancakes. Cut pancake tower like a cake and enjoy!
Ready in 15 minutes
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 tblsp Horio cow’s butter, melted
- Some vegetable oil
- Blueberries, apple in slices, banana, other fruit of your preference
- Maple syrup
- Chocolate syrup
- Strawberry, apricot marmalade, etc
- Horio cow’s butter
- For savory pancakes, add Horio graviera or feta cheese and bacon in between the layers
- In a bowl, put flour, baking powder and salt. Preferably sift ingredients, so that mixture won’t get lumpy.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg with the milk and add it in the flour bowl (step 1). Mix all together. Slowly add melted Horio cow’s butter. At this step, you can put in the mixture fruit, nuts, etc.
- Put some vegetable oil in a pan and leave on medium heat.
- With a ladle, add some mixture in the pan – as much as you prefer, to make pancakes as thick as you wish.
- Cook pancake from one side first. When bubbles appear on top, after two or three minutes, side is ready. Turn pancake around to cook the other side.
- Serve while warm adding some honey and bits of butter on top of pancakes, or sprinkle with nuts, fruit and chocolate syrup.