IMPROVE THE WAY YOU COOK
One of the most endeared mezes (snacks) to Greeks everywhere lands on tables everywhere, steaming, sizzling hot, accompanied by a slice of lemon, making all diners’ mouths water.
The saganaki cheese crust is divine. What was once a simple rectangle, takes form. Here at Horio, we have the best method for creating a wonderful saganaki, using either feta or graviera cheese; as well as, many recipes that go well with a large group of friends dining together.
Ingredients we will need:
- Horio Feta or Horio Graviera cheese
- Some flour to sprinkle (for the crust)
- Horio Classic Olive Oil for frying
- A slice of lemon (or more, depending on how much lemon we want for our saganaki)
- Slice Feta or Graviera cheese into 1-1.5 cm thick slices (otherwise, it will melt in the pan).
- We wet the cheese with water and then flour them. The flour will give a golden crust when it fries.
- In a small pan, we place some olive oil and allow it to heat. As soon as it is hot, we place a slice of cheese and fry for a little until both sides get a golden color.
- We remove with a spatula and place on a piece of kitchen paper in order to absorb the excess olive oil, serve immediately, so that it may be hot, squeezing lemon at the very end.
More recipes for appetizers and mezedes:
- Fried artichoke heart meatballs
- Potato salad with octopus
- Pancakes from Zakynthos
- Colorful pork souvlaki (with peppers, cherry tomatoes and prosciutto)
- Homemade doughnut balls with potatoes and eggs
- Greek Salad
- Fried zucchini with eggs
- Eggplant with feta cheese
- Fresh salad with Horio light white cheese
- Pork chops finished with beer
- Lamb wrapped in parchment paper with graviera cheese, peas and carrots
- Saganaki with shrimp and Horio feta cheese (Traditional Greek fried cheese dish)
- Horio light white cheese balls with herbs
- Fried Cheese pies, poppy seeds and sweet & sour sauce