IMPROVE THE WAY YOU COOK
There are so many recipes requiring the making of béchamel, but still you are not quite sure how to make it. Don’t worry – Horio has the perfect, simple and easy béchamel recipe that will complete your kitchen adventures.
Pastitsio, mousaka, cheese pies, tarts – béchamel fits perfectly well everywhere, according to chef’s creative talent. Some recipes may ask for a lighter cream, others use more grated cheese: crepes, all kind of pastry, savory croissants. You will find béchamel everywhere!
Depending on the taste you wish to achieve, use ratio of cheese (grated feta and/or graviera cheese) accordingly (step 1 below).
Get ready for the tastier béchamel you’ve ever made!
What you will need
- 7-9 glasses of fresh milk (depending on pan you will use for recipe)
- 8-10 tblsp flour (depending on how much milk)
- 1 tblsp Horio cow butter
- 3 eggs
- Salt, pepper
- Horio Sweet, Mature or Long Maturation grated Graviera cheese (optionally)
- Horio Feta cheese (optionally)
- In a bowl, lightly blend Horio cow butter, flour, eggs and salt and pepper (and grated graviera cheese, if you so wish).
- Put milk in a pot and let it get warm.
- Before milk starts rising, add blended ingredients and mix fast, removing the pot from heat.
Recipes that use béchamel
- Cheese Souffle with a bechamel base
- Potatoes Au gratin with bacon
- Spicy pie with ham and Horio feta cheese
- Vegetable Quiche
- Savory Kataifi