IMPROVE THE WAY YOU COOK
This famous fruit is starring in so many sweet and savory recipes. We can use it in cheesecakes, salads, enjoy it freshly rinsed, even put it in our drink!
We are all familiar with the taste and sweetness of strawberry. But how much do we know about its health qualities?
Let’s learn more about it!
Fresh from the village
Strawberries are fresh since April.
- Vitamin C
- Phyllic acid
- Vitamin K
How is it good for us
- Enhances immune system
- Protects eye health
- Enhances skin youth
- Protects the health of the heart and blood
- Increases good cholesterol
- Strengthens joints
- Facilitates digestion
- Activates metabolism
- Choose strawberries that are intact with red vivid skin and lively green cap.
- Strawberries stop maturing after their harvest, so avoid those with cloudy color and yellow spots.
- Rinse them well before consuming, but not before. Then remove their green cap.
- Store for two days at the coolest place in the refrigerator, without washing.
Quick meal with strawberries
- Wash strawberries, dry them, sprinkle with some sugar or drizzle with a bit of TOP Balsamic vinegar or TOP Balsamic Cream and enjoy.
- They are very suitable for green salads – with rocket, baby spinach, Horio feta or graviera cheese, pine nuts or walnuts and vinaigrette made with TOP Balsamic vinegar and Horio olive oil.
- Serve a cheese plate of accompanied by seasonal/spring fruits.
Recipes with strawberries
- Delicious Strawberry Cheesecake by Elias Mamalakis
- Lemon cream on biscuit with cheese cream and strawberries
- Pasta flora with marmalade and Horio soft with greek yogurt