IMPROVE THE WAY YOU COOK
Summer starts when fruit market stalls get filled with watermelons!
As June advances, our favorite large green fruit starts to appear in the market. It is then that we realize that summer has come and we should be getting ready for holidays and lazy days!
Our memory is filled with watermelon stories under the summer sun. Carving the fruit to reveal its vivid red glory, tasting it to feel whether it’s sugary, sweet and delicious, or just unripe.
How much do we really know about watermelon?
Fresh from the garden
Watermelon is the absolute summer fruit.
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B6
How is it good for us
- Protects immune system
- Improves our mood
- Relaxes stiff muscles
- Makes skin glow
- Helps digestive process
- Improves vision
- Cleanses blood and kidneys
- The heavier a watermelon, the more mature it is
- When picking one in the fruit market, watch for scratches or cuts and hollow sound
- Flesh should be vivid with color and the seeds black
Fast meal with watermelon
- Prepare delicious fruit salad with peach, apricot, melon and watermelon.
- Cut it into cubes or rectangular pieces and accompany with Horio feta cheese.
- Make it a natural fruit juice!