IMPROVE THE WAY YOU COOK
This time our grocery basket is filled with artichokes!
Many studies have been conducted, showing that artichokes are very nutritious vegetables with high value for our body and health.
Whether one boils or steams them, prefers their flower or their petals, artichokes are important, as they contain high amounts of vitamins and other nutrients, all necessary for our daily diet.
Fresh from the garden
They are fresh in March.
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin K
How are they good for us
- They fight constipation
- Act against liver diseases
- They protect us against colds
- Strengthen and give us energy
- Protect our bones
- When choosing artichokes, we should be careful that their stem bends relatively easily.
- Always wash them thoroughly.
- Brush with lemon before cooking, to avoid browning.
Fast meal with artichokes
Prepare a light snack with steamed artichokes and other vegetables, such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, potatoes, cut some Horio graviera in cubes and drizzle with a few drops of TOP Balsamic Cream.
Recipes with artichokes
- Fried artichoke heart meatballs
- Stuffed tomatoes (Gemista)
- Artichokes with peas
- Lamb with artichokes and yogurt