IMPROVE THE WAY YOU COOK
Red juicy tomatoes with feta cheese, olive oil and slices of fresh bread. Now, this is heaven!
We can find tomatoes in so many recipes – either mashed or chopped, or as tomato paste. Their varieties, other small other large, are used in salads along with various ingredients and inspire cooks to great culinary creations.
Recipes with pasta, sauces, soufflés, omelets, fish and meat, so many cooking ideas for bright red juicy tomatoes. Let’s enjoy each one of them!
Fresh from the garden
Tomatoes in Greece are at their best in summer, until the middle of autumn, in October. We can find them all year, though.
- Vitamin K
- Antioxidants (lycopene)
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B
- How are they good for us
- Keep our bones strong
- Keep our skin and hair healthy
- Protect from disease
- Reduce blood cholesterol
- Reduce blood pressure
- Improve eyesight
- Improve gastrointestinal function
Choose to consume tomatoes raw, as by cooking them, valuable ingredients such as Vitamin C, are reduced.
Fast meal with tomatoes
- Cut two slices of bread, toast them for a while, sprinkle with olive oil and oregano, spread tomato slices or grated tomato on them, some Horio graviera cheese and a few drops of TOP balsamic vinegar and enjoy fresh bruschettas!
- Prepare a Greek salad – two sliced tomatoes, cucumber, onion, some olive oil, salt, oregano and, of course, feta cheese.
Recipes with tomatoes
- Cuttlefish with rice, tomato and ouzo
- Gardoumpes (Intestines) with tomatoes and zucchini
- Delicious pizza with feta cheese, tomato, olive oil and thyme
- Stuffed omelet with feta and graviera cheese, turkey and tomato
- Feta cheese, tomato and onion omelet
- Cauliflower stew with tomato sauce
- Tomato balls with mashed potatoes
- Stuffed tomatoes (Gemista)
- Traditional lamb casserole (Giouvetsi)
- Onion pie
- Greek Salad