- We place a medium-sized pot on the heat. Once hot add the olive oil and onion. Mix and lower the heat and saute for ten minutes.
- Add the potatoes into the pot and mix well. Add apples and turn up the heat to medium and leave for 5 minutes. Pour vinegar and mix.
- Add the stock and water while turning up the heat so that the mixture reaches a boil.
- Add the bay leaf, salt, pepper, allspice and garam masala. Leave the lid half open and allow to simmer for approximately one hour, until the potatoes and apples come apart easily using a spoon.
- Remove the pot from the heat, remove the bay leaf and mash soup using a hand-blender. Then return the soup onto the heat, adding milk that has been diluted in water and Horio Mature Graviera. Mix well until soup is warm again and the cheese has melted. Serve with homemade croutons.
For the homemade croutons:
- Preheat the oven at 100 C. In a large bowl we add the bread cubes and pour Horio Koroneiki Variety over it. Mix using our hands. We add salt and thyme and mix again until fully covered. We then place in sheet metal (one layer) that has been lined by parchment paper and bake from one hour. We allow them to cool and store in a airtight container.
* Garam masala is an Indian spice mix that goes very well with our soup and is responsible for that special flavor. It can be found in good quality spice markets and is worth searching, in order to add to your pantry.