INGREDIENTS For the dough 250 gr Horio cow butter 2-3 eggs ½ cup sugar Self-rising flour as much as needed (approximately 1 kg) 4 full tsp. baking powder 3 vanilla sachets
INGREDIENTS For the filling 6-8 medium-sized apples 1 cup sugar ½ cup cognac ½ cup water 2 tblsp. Horio cow butter 1 tsp. cinnamon powder
For the filing
- Grate the apples and place them in a saucepan with the rest of the filling ingredients and allow them to boil until they are soft but not melted (medium heat).
For the dough
- Lightly melt the Horio cow butter and add the eggs, the sugar and the vanilla until it becomes a fluffy mixture.
- Stir the 4 tsp. baking powder into the flour and little by little add the flour-baking powder mixture sifted into the bowl with the eggs and the sugar. Mix until the dough is medium soft.
- Divide it into two balls and lay them on a flat surface. The first should be larger in order to be laid at the bottom of the pan and the second should be smaller for the top.
- Grease the baking pan with some butter, spread into the large dough layer and press it with your palm to cover the bottom of the baking dish. Lift the edges of the dough layer so that it covers the sides of the baking dish.
- Pour the apple filling into the pan
- On baking paper, place the smaller dough ball, roll it out and cut a circle with the diameter of the pan
- Cover the pie with the second dough “sheet” and turn the extra edges over the top layer to “close” the pie.
- Brush the pie with egg and bake in a preheated oven for about 45 minutes at 170-180 degrees.