INGREDIENTS 12 fyllo dough sheets (1 package) 600 gr. walnuts 180 gr. sugar 3 tbsp breadcrumbs 2 ½ tsp cinnamon ½ tsp cloves 225 gr. Horio Organic Cow Butter
INGREDIENTS For the syrup 500 gr. sugar 250 gr. water 1 tsp lemon juice
- First we prepare the syrup so that it may be cool: boil the water, sugar and lemon juice for 3-4 minutes (from the boiling point) and set aside
- Grind the walnuts in the blender and mix in sugar, breadcrumbs, cinnamon and cloves and melt the butter in low heat
- Spread one fyllo dough sheet on the counter, butter with a cooking brush and sprinkle walnuts all over; place a second sheet and butter lightly and add the mixture; cover with a third sheet and follow the same process to the end by adding a fourth sheet
- Slowly roll the sheets in a tight cylinder. When the roll is complete, slice at the width of two fingers; place in a 25x25cm buttered pan; follow the same steps with the remaining sheets
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170 C for 30-40 minutes (depending on the oven, until golden brown). Remove the pan and add cold syrup immediately. Carefully turn the roll on the other side so that it may absorb the syrup evenly. Cover the pan with aluminum foil so that rolls don’t dry.