INGREDIENTS 2 red mullets (appr 250 gr each) 5 tbsp Horio Koroneiki variety olive oil 2 finely chopped garlic cloves 1 small celery stalk, finely chopped 400 gr finely chopped tomato A handful of parsley, finely chopped Salt Freshly ground black pepper Spaghetti pasta, cooked
- Clean fish removing scales with a small knife. Try not hurting their flesh, since red mullets have a thin skin and can easily be damaged. Once cleaned inside out, rinse with running water.
- Put Horio Koroneiki variety olive oil in a large pan (large enough for the fish) over medium heat. Add garlic and celery and cook for a few minutes.
- Add some parsley and mix softly for 30-40 seconds. Then, add tomatoes, mix and leave for some seconds. Sprinkle with salt -not too much, since we can add more later- and pepper, reduce heat and cook for 15 minutes.
- If liquid is evaporated, add a glass of water, because we need it slightly thin so that it covers the fish. When sauce is ready, add the fish – check to see if more salt is necessary beforehand.
- Cover pan with a lid and cook for 15 minutes without turning fish from the other side. Slightly stir pan if necessary.
- Cook for another 10 minutes and remove fish from the pan to a platter.
- Add cooked spaghetti in the pan and mix well.
- Serve spaghetti with sauce, topped with the fish and sprinkled with parsley.