INGREDIENTS 1 kilo giant – elephant beans of Kastoria 4 onions 4 leeks 4 spring onions 4 yellow peppers 500 gr. fresh spinach ½ kilo Horio feta cheese or Horio light white cheese ½ bunch of dill Horio extra virgin olive oil mountain regions salt and pepper
- Rinse the beans and put them in hot water from the previous day.
- The next day, rinse them and cook them for 45 minutes in non-salted water (we want them soften, but not very soften. To check if ready, prick them with a toothpick. When pricked, they are ready).
- When cooked, strain them without rinsing them and don’t throw away the water where they have been cooked.
- Rinse the vegetables, chop the onions, the spinach, the leeks and the spring onions. Remove the stalks and the seeds from the peppers and chop them too.
- In a large frying pan, pour over Horio extra virgin olive oil mountain regions and slightly sauté the vegetables. When ready, put them in a hull.
- In the hull with the sauteed vegetables, add the beans, salt, pepper, some Horio extra virgin olive oil mountain regions and stir well.
- Add 2 cups from the water where the beans were boiled and cover the hull with the cap.
- Cook in preheated oven for about 30 minutes at 190C.
- Uncover the hull and sprinkle Horio feta cheese (or Horio light white cheese), grated by hand, and the chopped dill.
- Keep cooking for about 10 – 15 minutes without covering the hull.