INGREDIENTS ½ kilo black eyed peas ½ cup Horio Koroneiki variety Olive oil ½ cup rice 3-4 tblsp red TOP vinegar 2-3 onion, sliced into thin rings 1 tblsp flour Salt, pepper
- Place the peas in cold water and allow to boil for 15 minutes, remove froth as it appears on the surface.
- Strain and wash well.
- Boil in ½ liter clean water for another 12 minutes on medium heat.
- Add water, salt, pepper and boil for another 10 minutes, turn off the heat and place a lid with a cotton towel on the pot and allow to cool.
- Then, place in a separate bowl.
- Pour olive oil in a pan and once warm we add chopped onions and sauté until lightly golden.
- Add flour and mix with wooden spoon very quickly.
- Deglaze with vinegar and then add all ingredients from bowl, along with black-eyed peas, and mix well before serving.