INGREDIENTS 150 ml Horio organic extra virgin olive oil 240 gr. self-rising flour 1 tsp. baking powder 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon ½ tsp. ginger powder 240 gr. brown sugar Zest of one tangerine plus some extra for garnish 100 gr. pecans cut in half 260 gr. grated carrots 3 eggs, beaten
INGREDIENTS For the cream cheese frost 50 gr. Horio soft unsalted with cow butter 200 gr. cream cheese 150 gr. confectioners sugar plus some extra for sprinkling 2 tsp orange juice
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees. Grease a round 18cm cake tin with detachable panels and cover the bottom with baking paper.
- In a bowl, sift the flour, the baking powder and the spices. Add sugar, the zest, the pecans and the grated carrots and stir until all the ingredients are homogenized. Add the eggs and the Horio organic extra virgin olive oil and mix well.
- Empty the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Transfer it to a plate and let it cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the Horio soft unsalted with cow butter and add the cream cheese until they form a consistent mixture. Add also the orange juice and sift the icing sugar. Continue using the mixer until the mixture becomes smooth.
- To decorate, fill the piping bag with a 3 cm. tip and shape anything you want on the surface of the cake. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and with tangerine zest and serve.