INGREDIENTS 1 chicken (of approximately 1 kilo) 1 onion 500 gr. of crust 1 bay leaf 2 scrambled eggs Horio melted butter to apply on crust Salt Pepper Chopped parsley
INGREDIENTS For the sauce 2 tblsp. of Horio melted butter 2 tblsp. of flour 2 cups of chicken broth Nutmeg 1 cup grated cheese (Horio Mature Graviera, or Horio Shredded Cheese mix with Graviera)
- Wash & clean the chicken
- Boil in a pot full of water, along with the onion and the bay leaf (for about 30 minutes). Save two cups of broth.
- When the chicken cools off, remove the skin and the bones and cut in small pieces.
- Prepare the sauce: mix the flour with Horio melted butter and slowly add the broth until sauce thickens (béchamel-like technique, where chicken broth instead of milk is used)
- After the sauce cools off, add scrambled eggs, cheese, nutmeg, salt, pepper and paisley.
Prepare the stuffing:
- Mix pieces of chicken in the sauce.
- Butter your baking dish and lay half of the leaves, which are buttered one by one.
- Place the stuffing on them and cover with the rest of the buttered leaves.
- Connect the crust so that they form the pie
- Bake the chicken pie in a medium preheated oven for 45-50 minutes.