INGREDIENTS 1 kilo veal without bones 1 cup and 2 tblsp Horio Organic extra virgin olive oil 2 cups chickpeas 1 grated large onion 1 diced tomato 1-2 tsp Horio Tomato paste ½ tsp cumin 1 tsp lemon zest 1 tsp lemon juice
- Wash chickpeas and leave them in a pot filled with water for 12 hours at least.
- Drain and boil in a water-filled pot for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a strainer.
- In a deep pot, sauté onion into Horio Organic olive oil for 3-4 minutes.
- In the same pot, add veal and mix well to sauté evenly.
- Add 2 cups of water, cover the pot and leave for 40-45 minutes.
- When the veal is half-ready (try it with a fork), add tomato paste (which previously must be diluted with ½ cup of water), tomato, and chickpeas.
- Mix and add salt and pepper.
- Add another 7-8 cups of water to the pot, cover with the lid and cook for 40-50 more minutes.
- When ready, reduce heat and add cumin, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Wiggle pan to spread the juice and leave on heat for another 5 minutes.