INGREDIENTS 1 ½ cup of self-rising flour 250 gr. Horio soft light butter 5 eggs 2 cups of sugar 5 tblsp cocoa powder 100 gr of coverture chocolate flakes 2 vanilla shots 1 cup of boiled water
- In a medium pot, melt the Horio soft light butter and add the sugar, in order to melt it as well. Then add the cocoa powder and keep on stirring until it dissolves.
- Place one cup of the mixture to the side (to use as chocolate sauce after baking is over) and add boiling water to the remaining mixture (batter)
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and slowly add the flour and the vanilla. Add this mixture to the batter mixture.
- Add the chocolate flakes to the batter mixture.
- Pour the batter mixture into a greased baking dish and bake in a preheated oven for exactly 20 minutes at 1800C.
- As soon as we remove from the oven, we slice the chocolate pie into pieces and pour the chocolate sauce we had kept aside over it.