- Sift the flour with the salt into a big bowl
- Form a hole and inside add the butter, the sugar, the yeast, the anise and the masticha
- Gradually add water
- Knead until a soft dough is formed that does not stick to the hands.
- From the dough, take a small portion of the dough, to use for decoration
- Knead the remaining dough into a loaf and place in a pan, sprinkling it with sesame
- Use the small portion of dough kept to the side to knead into two strings and place on tops of the loaf, adding almonds and cloves.
- We leave to the side for 30 minutes in a warm place, where the dough will double in size
- Preheat the oven and bake the Christmas-bread for 40 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius
- Allow the bread to cool on a grill
Traditionally, the Christmas bread is sliced before the Christmas meal, however, this bread is a wonderful, easy and aromatic bread that we can enjoy at any moment in the year!