INGREDIENTS 2 kilos salted codfish 2 cups Horio Classic olive oil 6 medium sized onions, chopped 6 garlic cloves 6 ripe tomatoes 2 tblsp tomato paste 1 bunch of parsley 2 tsps of sugar Horio Classic olive oil and flour for frying salt and pepper
- Prepare the codfish as follows: one day before cooking, cut the codfish in pieces and put in a bowl. Cover it with water and leave it for 12-24 hours, while changing the water often, at least 6 times.
- Chop the potatoes and the parsley.
- In a wide pot, put Horio Classic olive oil and sauté the chopped onions and the garlic, until they turn golden. Add the tomato, the tomato paste, the sugar and the parsley.
- Add 2 cups of water, salt, pepper and let it boil on medium heat for about 20 minutes, until the onions soften.
- Cover the codfish in flour, put Horio Classic olive oil in a frying pan and once heated, add the codfish and fry it on both sides.
- Add the codfish to the sauce and cook for about 5 more minutes, until the mixture absorbs its fluids. While cooking, keep shaking the pot to prevent sticking at the bottom of it.