INGREDIENTS 1 kilo eggplants, cut in thin rounds 300 gr Horio Feta Cheese 1 onion cut in thin slices 1 cup Horio Classic Olive Oil 3-4 tomatoes cut in thin round slices 1 cup tomato juice 1 teaspoon sugar Horio Classic Olive Oil 2 tablespoons chopped parsley Salt, pepper
- Coarsely grate Horio feta cheese.
- Place tomato slices in colander to drain.
- Put eggplant slices in salted water for 30 minutes, rinse and drain.
- Lightly fry the eggplants in Horio olive oil or brush them with olive oil and grill them. Place eggplants on paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
- Arrange eggplants side by side in greased pan. Season.
- Place tomato slices then onion slices on top of eggplants.
- Mix tomato juice with olive oil and sugar and pour mixture over vegetables.
- Place in oven and broil for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with grated feta and parsley. Place back in oven and continue to broil (about 15 minutes) until cheese melts.
Serve eggplants hot.