INGREDIENTS 4 big fish (monkfish or redfish) 4 onions 3 potatoes 3 bunches of celery 4 carrots 1 cup of soup rice 1/3 cup of Horio Koroneiki variety 3 lt water 2 eggs juice of 2 lemons salt and pepper
- Rince and clean the vegetables.
- In a pot, put 3 lt of water, Horio Koroneiki variety, salt, pepper and the uncut vegetables. Boil for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Clean the fish, put them in a tulle and add them to the pot. Keep boiling for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Place the vegetables and the fish in a big platter and sprinkle them with pepper.
- In a pot, put 6 cups of the broth. Add the rice and boil.
- When the rice boils, after 10 minutes, prepare the soup, as follows: whisk the egg whites in order to make a meringue, add the yolks and the lemon juice. Then add little by little the broth of the soup, until the mixture gets into the right temperature. When it has become quite hot, add it to the soup while stirring constantly.
- The soup is ready. Served in deep dish.