INGREDIENTS 1 stale loaf of bread (350 gr) 2 eggs 130 gr. Fresh cream 35% fat ½ tsp cinnamon ¼ tsp nutmeg ¼ tsp allspice ¼ tsp clove 100 gr. Horio soft unsalted with cow butter 120 gr. sugar
INGREDIENTS For the cream filling 200 gr. anthotyro 100 gr. Fresh cream 35% fat 2 tbsp powdered sugar Honey – Cinnamon for serving
- With a spoon, spread the Horio soft unsalted with cow butter in a pan (approximate size 23 x 35 cm) and sprinkled sugar
- Slice the bread into 8-9 pieces.
- In a bowl, mix eggs, fresh cream and the spices and dunk each slice of bread until it has absorbed some of the liquid and place in the pan (on top of the butter / sugar mix); Repeat with remaining slices
- Cover the pan with cling wrap and place in refrigerator for appoximately 2 hours
- Preheat oven at 165 degrees and bake for 20-25 minutes
- While the french toast is baking, prepare the cream filling: with a blender beat anthotyro with the powdered sugar until creamy and then add fresh cream incrementally until fluffy
- When the french toast is done, serve with cream filling, honey and cinnamon, as well as, sun dried fruit (optional)
- You may skip the refrigeration step (Step 4), however, this help the bread absorb the egg mixture better.