INGREDIENTS 6 wide pieces Horio feta cheese, 1 cm thick (approx. 120gr each) 6 phyllo layers corn oil Pepper
INGREDIENTS For the sauce 1 cup honey 2 tblsp TOP White Vinegar Poppy seeds for sprinkling
- Choose 6 Horio feta cheese pieces and season them well with pepper.
- Take 1 phyllo sheet and lay it on a smooth surface.
- In the center of the phyllo sheet place 1 piece of feta, fold the edges over thefeta cheese and wrap twice. Cut leftovers. (Repeat with the remaining Horio feta cheese.)
- Heat Minerva corn oil in a pan and fry the pies over medium heat until they look golden brown on both sides.
- Put them on absorbent kitchen paper so that extra oil gets strained
For the sauce
- Mix the honey with the vinegar in a small saucepan at medium heat until it’s a consistent mixture. Let it cool.
- Place the feta cheese pies in a platter, pour the honey sauce and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Serve warm on a platter.