INGREDIENTS 6 cups of walnuts 6 cups of breadcrumbs 5 cups cups sugar 14 eggs 1 ½ cups Horio Sheep butterfat ½ cup cognac 1 tsp soda 3 tsp cinnamon powder 1 ½ tsp clove powder
INGREDIENTS For the syrup
INGREDIENTS 1 kilo sugar 500 ml water 1 tblsp lemon juice
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks, the sugar and Horio Sheep butterfat. Separately, in another bowl, whisk the egg whites to make meringue.
- Put both separate mixtures into a large bowl, so as to create one, single mixture.
- Dissolve soda into the cognac and add it to the mixture.
- Add the cinnamon and the clove powder, slowly add the breadcrumbs and mix them together.
- Add the thickly chopped walnuts and stir the mixture until it is fluffy.
- Butter a baking tray and pour in the mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes at 250C and then reduce the temperature to 150C. Continue baking for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Let the pie cool while preparing the syrup: boil water with sugar and lemon juice for 5 minutes and pour it over the pie.
- Let the pie absorb the syrup, then cut it into squares and serve.