- In a mixer, add the flour, the salt and the sugar. Mix for about 30 seconds and then add Horio Cow butter (or Horio soft light butter), which has been cut into small cubes.
- Mix the mixture well, at medium speed, until it seems lumpy. Add the eggs, and keep beating until the batter becomes a smooth, homogenized mixture. In case it gets too tight, add some water.
- Knead the batter in a ball, cover it with a plastic wrap and let it rest at the bottom of the fridge for about 1 -2 hours. Then roll out the batter into a ½ cm thick phyllo, and put it on a baking pan, greased with some Horio Cow butter (or Horio soft light butter).
- Cover the pan with parchment paper so as to prevent burning the surface, and bake it on the oven for about 30-45 minutes at 180ο C. When baked, we flip the batter over.
- Prepare the filling: In a bowl, add the sugar, the limoncello, the lemon juice and zest. Mix well and let the odors to grow for about ½ hour.
- In a pot, dissolve the corn flour in some water, and warm it.
- Add the lemon mixture prepared in step 5. Stir constantly and when thickened, pour it over the tart that we baked in step 4. The lemon pie is ready.
Note: Optional, beat 3 egg whites into a stiff meringue along with 2 tablespoons of powered sugar and decorate the lemon pie on top.