INGREDIENTS For cake 220gr all-purpose flour 1 ½ tsp baking powder Pinch of salt 100ml full fat milk 1 tbsp lemon zest ½ tsp vanilla extract 150gr Horio cow butter at room temperature 185gr powdered sugar 3 large eggs at room temperature
INGREDIENTS For glaze 350gr powdered sugar 100ml fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven at 180C.
- Slightly oil and flour a cake pan of 21 cm diameter.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk, lemon zest and vanilla.
- With a mixer, beat Horio cow butter and sugar until fluffy, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs one by one, beating after each addition.
- At low speed add flour in 3 batches, switching with milk mixture. Start and finish with flour mixture.
- Put cake dough in pan and even its surface.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave in pan for 10 minutes.
- For glaze: Beat powdered sugar with lemon juice until smooth.
- Put cake on a rack and drizzle with glaze.
- Let cool and serve.