INGREDIENTS For the sauce 3 tbsp Horio Classic olive oil 1 peeled and chopped small onion 2 mashed garlic cloves 1 large can tomato paste 1/4 c chopped basil Sea salt Pepper Red pepper flakes (optionally)
INGREDIENTS For the cheese balls 250 gr Horio Mature graviera 200 gr dry bread pith 1 garlic clove 5 large eggs 1/4 c parsley leafs A pinch of grated black pepper Grated parmesan for garnish
- For the sauce: Heat Horio Classic olive oil in a large pot. Add onion and let it soften for 4 minutes. Then, add garlic for another 2 minutes.
- Put tomato paste and basil in the pot, mix and season with salt and pepper (add red pepper flakes too, if you wish).
- Boil and lower heat. Let it simmer for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, add 1 c water and mix well.
- For the cheese balls: In a blender mix bread and garlic. Add Horio Mature graviera and parsley and blend to combine.
- Transfer mixture in a bowl and add eggs one by one until mixture is wet and easily knead.
- Roll cheese balls and carefully place in the pot with the sauce.
- Cook for 15 minutes and turn them on the other side for another 10 minutes, checking if water needs to be added (if sauce gets too thick).
- Serve with lots of sauce and sprinkle with grated parmesan.