INGREDIENTS 1 large green cabbage, outer leaves and core removed 450gr minced lamb 1 large finely chopped yellow onion 1 large egg 1 cup grated Horio Feta Mountain Regions ½ cup Arborio rice ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice 1 tsp powdered cumin ½ tsp crushed fennel seeds Salt Freshly ground black pepper ¼ cup Horio olive oil Mountain Regions 2 cups tomato concasse 1 cup low sodium chicken broth 1/3 cup ouzo
- Fill a large pot with water to cover the cabbage and boil over high heat for 15-20 minutes, until slightly soft.
- Carefully remove its leaves with tongs and put them in a pan layered with kitchen paper. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, using hands, mix meat, onion, egg, Horio Feta Cheese Mountain Regions, rice, parsley, oregano, lemon juice, cumin, fennel seeds, 2 ½ tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper.
- Put Horio olive oil Mountain Regions in a pot to cover its bottom.
- On clean surface lay one cabbage leaf at a time and cut its hard parts, or slice large leaves in half.
- Put 1 ½ tbsp filling in each leaf, fold its two edges and roll tightly.
- Transfer them with seam looking down in pot. Put one next to the other in a tight way to keep them from unfolding.
- In a medium bowl mix tomato, broth and ouzo. Drizzle with this mixture the cabbage rolls in the pot and boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat, cover with lid and simmer, shaking pot from time to time so that they won’t stick. Food is ready when rice softens, after 60-90 minutes.