INGREDIENTS 2 medium sized cabbages, leaves singled 4 tbsp Horio soft unsalted with cow butter ½ cup tomato paste Salt 450 gr minced beef ¼ cup rice (Carolina) 1 large yellow onion, crushed 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil 2 tbsp chopped coriander 2 tbsp chopped parsley ½ tsp dry basil Freshly grated black pepper 2 small tomatoes
- Remove stalks from each cabbage and single out leaves. Cut in half any too big one.
- In a pot with salted boiling water blanch 3-4 cabbage leaves at a time for 3-5 minutes.
- Carefully remove from water with a slotted spoon and leave aside to cool.
- Discard water from pot and put Horio soft unsalted with cow butter.
- Melt over medium heat, add tomato paste and 2 cups of water and whisk.
- Season with salt, switch off heat and leave aside.
- In a big bowl put meat, rice, onion, herbs, ¾ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper and mix.
- Lay the bottom of a large pot with cabbage leaves you won’t be using for rolling.
- Add tomato sauce over leaves and leave aside.
- On a kitchen surface, lay one cabbage leaf at a time and remove hard parts.
- Put 2 tbsp meat mixture inside each cabbage leaf, close its two sides and roll firmly.
- Put in the pot, seam facing down.
- Place whole tomatoes among meatballs.
- Partly cover pot and boil over medium-high heat. Then lower heat and simmer until liquids evaporate, for 45 minutes.
- Add some water if necessary.
- Transfer to a plate and slightly season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with sauce and serve warm.