INGREDIENTS 500gr chickpeas 1 finely chopped large red onion ½ cup Horio Koroneiki Variety olive oil 1 bay leaf 2 tbsp dry oregano (optionally) Salt Freshly ground pepper Juice from 1-2 lemons 2 tbsp flour
- Wash chickpeas and soak in water for a whole night (for 18 hours ideally).
- Drain chickpeas and rinse with lots of water, for 4-5 times, rubbing them well.
- Put chickpeas in large pot and cover them with water (at least 4cm). Boil. Remove foam with a wooden spoon and continue for 15 minutes.
- Drain and return chickpeas in pot with warm water to cover them. Boil and add Horio Koroneiki Variety olive oil, onion, oregano and bay leaf.
- Reduce heat and cover with lid. Cook for 1-2 hours until soft. Check at times if more water is necessary – don’t let it completely evaporate.
- Put flour and lemon juice in a bowl, partially add 1-2 ladles of water from the pot and whisk.
- Slowly add mixture in pot and season with salt and pepper. Stir slightly for 2-3 minutes, until soup becomes thick.
- Serve warm with olives and toasted bread.