INGREDIENTS 500 gr macaroni 500 gr canned shelled mussels 4 cloves garlic finely chopped 4 tblsp extra virgin olive oil Horio 1 tblsp red pepper flakes (sweet or spicy according to taste) 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup finely chopped parsley 1/3 cup finely chopped dill Salt, pepper
- Combine chopped herbs and set aside.
- Drain the mussels and remove the tough little hairs in the center of each.
- Cook macaroni according to directions on the package.
- In the meantime, heat the Horio olive oil and add the onion and red pepper flakes. Sauté for 2 minutes and add wine. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the herbs, salt and pepper and allow to simmer for about one minute.
- Add the mussels, simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Drain macaroni and add the mussel sauce.
- Toss together and serve immediately.