INGREDIENTS 450 gr spaghetti 2 tblsp Horio Soft Unsalted with cow butter (1+1) 1 small onion, chopped 6 garlic cloves, chopped 1 tsp red pepper 1350 gr mussels, closed and scrubbed 1/2 cup rose wine 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs Salt as desired Pepper as desired 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- Boil water in a large pot and salt it so that it tastes like sea water.
- Cook spaghetti al dente.
- In a large pot heat butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, 5 garlic cloves and red pepper.
- Salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the closed mussels and stir.
- Add the wine, stir and cover the pot with the lid. Cook the mussels until they have opened up.
- As the mussels are being cooked, melt 1 tblsp butter in a small skillet, add 1 garlic clove and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the breadcrumbs and cook until brown.
- Spice with salt and pepper.
- Remove the mussels from the pot and let them aside.
- In the same pot put spaghetti. Cook over medium heat, until they are al dente and the sauce is reduced. If you want thinner sauce, add some of the pasta water. If the sauce is too thin, mix 1 tblsp flour with 1 tblsp cold water and add to the sauce. Add some butter.
- Spice with salt and pepper as desired and put the mussels back in the pot.
- Stir the mussels with spaghetti.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and parsley and serve.