INGREDIENTS 2 mature tomatoes 2 tblsp Horio Mountain Regions olive oil 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 onion, finely chopped 1 red or green chili, finely chopped without the seeds 1 small glass of white wine 1 tsp tomato paste 1 pinch of sugar 1 kilo mussels 1 handful of basil Salt Freshly ground black pepper
- Scrub and wash well the mussels with water and drain them.
- Put tomatoes into a fireproof pan and cover them with boiled water for 3 minutes, then drain them and remove the skin. Divide each tomato into four and using a teaspoon remove the seeds from the inside and chop tomatoes.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet with a lid.
- Add garlic, onion, chili and fry them slightly for 2-3 minutes, until soften.
- Pour wine and add tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, salt and pepper as desired. Mix well and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Drop the mussels and stir once. Cover the skillet with the lid and cook for 3-4 minutes swishing frequently, until the mussels open up.
- Put basil leaves in between the mussels and serve.