INGREDIENTS 1 kilo beef in cubes Salt Freshly ground black pepper 2 tbsp Horio butter Corfu type 4 medium carrots in sticks 2 small onions in cubes 2 tbsp all-purpose flour 400 gr beef or chicken stock 2 cups canned tomatoes, crushed 3 sprigs fresh rosemary 2 chopped medium potatoes 2 bunches green beans, edges removed
- Slightly season beef.
- Heat 2 tbsp Horio butter Corfu type in a pot over medium heat.
- When butter heats, add half the beef and increase heat to high.
- Brown from all sides for 5-6 minutes. Transfer meat to a bowl and continue with rest of beef and Horio butter Corfu type.
- In the same pot that beef was made put carrots and onions and set heat to medium-high.
- Sauté for 5 minutes until onion becomes transparent.
- Add flour and continue until absorbed. Then, add stock, wine, tomatoes and rosemary.
- Return beef in the pot and boil.
- Simmer, partly covered, for 50 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add potatoes, fully cover lid and cook until soft, for another 45 minutes.
- Add green beans and cook for 5 more minutes, until crispy.