INGREDIENTS 800 gr sifted all purpose flour ½ glass Horio organic extra virgin olive oil ½ glass sunflower seed oil 1 cup of sugar ¾ glass orange juice Juice from ½ lemon 1 tblsp. ammonia 1 tea spoon soda Zest from 2 oranges and 1 lemon 60 ml (¼ cup) raki 60 ml (¼ cup) brandy 1 tsp. cinnamon tea Sesame and sugar
- In mixer bowl, pour the Horio organic extra virgin olive oil and the sunflower seed oil, the sugar, the zest, the brandy, the raki, the cinnamon and the ammonia. Stir gently, using the kneading hook.
- In the orange and lemon juice dissolve soda and add to the mixer bowl.
- Mix on medium speed, so that all ingredients mix well together and slowly add the sifted flour, continuing to knead for about 5 minutes, until you get a soft dough. You can also do the kneading by hand.
- Preheat oven in air at 170 degrees and place baking paper on 3 oven trays
- In a shallow dish, pour a little sugar and a little sesame (brown sugar works also), stir and sprinkle with 2-3 drops of water. It helps the sugar and sesame to stick on the cookies.
- Take small pieces of dough and mold into round cookies.
- Put them in the dish with the sesame and sugar (only on the one side) and place them on the baking paper.
- Bake the cookies for 20 minutes or until they look golden brown.