INGREDIENTS 2 ½ cup penne pasta 2 tbsp melted Horio cow butter 1 cup Horio feta cheese, crumbled 2 kilos minced meat 1 medium onion finely chopped 2 garlic cloves finely chopped 1 can tomatoes concasse ½ tsp salt ½ tsp cinnamon 1 cup Horio graviera mature, grated
INGREDIENTS For the béchamel ½ cup Horio cow butter in cubes 2/3 cup all-purpose flour ½ tsp salt ½ tsp pepper 4 cups milk 2% fat 2 large eggs
- Cook pasta according to instructions on package. Drain pasta, add Horio cow butter and Horio feta and transfer to an oiled baking pan.
- Preheat oven at 180C.
- Put minced meat and onion in a large pan over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, mixing with a spoon. Add garlic and cook for 2 more minutes. Then add tomatoes, salt and cinnamon. Pour sauce over pasta. Sprinkle with ½ cup grated Horio graviera mature.
- Make béchamel: Melt butter in a large pot. Add flour, salt and pepper and gradually add milk while mixing. Simmer for 1-2 minutes until thick.
in a small bowl slightly mix a small quantity of hot mixture with the eggs and return egg mixture in the pot, mixing lightly but constantly. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour béchamel over minced meat and sprinkle with rest of graviera cheese.
- Cover pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 30-40 minutes, until brown.