INGREDIENTS 1,5kg potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced 2 finely chopped garlic cloves 2 chopped red onions 2 tbsp Horio olive oil Mountain Regions Pinch of oregano 1 tbsp honey 2 tbsp Horio cow butter 2 tbsp flour 1 cup vegetable broth 1 cup sour cream 150gr Horio Feta Cheese Mountain Regions Bunch of chopped green onion Salt Freshly ground pepper Grated parmesan 4 chopped bacon stripes (optionally)
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp Horio olive oil Mountain Regions and sauté onion and garlic until soft.
- Add oregano and honey, stir and leave aside.
- In a deep pan over medium heat, melt 2 tbsp Horio cow butter.
- Add flour and whisk until mixture thickens.
- Add broth while whisking and then slowly add sour cream, until smooth and creamy.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Put potato slices in sauce, along with green onions and mix well.
- Lay an ovenproof glass dish with half potato-sauce mixture and add half the crumbled Horio Feta Cheese Mountain Regions and half onion mixture. Add then rest of potatoes, onion mixture and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven at 180 C for 1 hour and 3o minutes. Remove foil during the last 30 minutes to allow potatoes to brown.
- Garnish with crunchy bacon, sprinkle with Horio Feta Cheese Mountain Regions and serve.