ΥΛΙΚΑ For the dough 1 kilo all purpose flour 3 tblsp Horio Cow Butter ½ tsp salt warm water for flattening the dough
ΥΛΙΚΑ For the filling 1 kilo of unsalted mizithra cheese (anthotyro cheese can also be used) 1 kilo sugar 1 full tblsp (20 gr appr.) Chios mastic chushed and sifted 3-4 eggs 2 cups self rising flour 2 vanilla capsules
- Mix all dough ingredients and make a medium soft dough, making sure that butter disappears in flour.
- Cover dough with a kitchen towel and leave to rest for 20 minutes.
- Flatten the dough (not too thin because it will be filled).
- With the help of a cookie mold, cut the dough in discs of 4-5 cm diameter each.
- Lift the ends of each disc to create a nest that will hold the filling.
- For the filling: Mix all ingredients until you have a thick mixture. Mizithra with sugar at first, flour next, softly whisked eggs, mastic and vanilla.
- Fill every disc with a tblsp of mixture and ‘pinch’ each disc roundwise until it becomes ‘pleated’.
- Butter a pan and bake in preheated oven at 180 C for 20 minutes choosing to heat from the bottom and then from top and bottom for another 20 minutes, until they become golden.