INGREDIENTS 2 medium-sized leeks 2 kilos sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped in 1,5 cm pieces 1 ½ tsp salt 4 tbsp Horio cow butter 1/3 cup chicken stock 1 lemon (2 tsp zest, 2 tbsp juice) 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves ½ tsp black pepper
- Peel leeks and slice lengthwise. Then, slice sideways.
- Put leeks in a colander and wash. Drain well and dry.
- In a pot, cook potatoes in water that covers them, with 1 tsp salt, for 10-12 minutes. Drain and return to pot.
- In the meantime, heat Horio cow butter in a pot over medium-high heat until melt and bubbly.
- Add leeks, reduce heat to medium and cook for 6 minutes until soft.
- Add stock, zest and juice, thyme, pepper and ½ tsp salt and cook for 3 minutes.
- Put 2/3 leeks with potatoes and mash them.
- Transfer to a bowl, sprinkle with the rest of leeks mixture and serve.