INGREDIENTS 500 gr leeks (the white parts, cut into rings) 500 gr mushrooms ½ cup Horio Koroneiki Variety olive oil 2 cups of water 1 ¼ cup of no cooked rice 1 ½ cup of water or broth 1 tsp sea salt ½ bunch of fresh dill, finely chopped Juice of 1 lemon 1 tblsp Horio Cow butter (optionally)
- Wash the leeks and cut the white parts into rings (2 cm).
- Cut the rings in half twice and drop them in a strainer and wash all the pieces with fresh water.
- Put the leeks in a pot, add Horio Koroneiki variety olive oil and 2 cups of water. Cover the pot with the lid and boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon.
- Add some extra olive oil in a skillet and sauté the mushrooms.
- Add 1 ½ cup of water or broth and boil.
- Add salt, rice and mushrooms. Cover the pot with the lid and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add dill, lemon juice and Horio Cow butter (optionally) and let aside for 15 minutes so that the liquids to be absorbed.