- Prepare pumpkin from previous night. Clean and thickly grate it, then put in a bowl, cover with a plate and leave in the fridge.
- The following day, mix all stuffing ingredients with the pumpkin, add some salt and mix again.
- Prepare the dough: In a bowl put flour, salt and Horio Classic olive oil. Slowly add water while kneading. Dough is ready when not sticky. We then leave the dough for 20 minutes, covered with a kitchen towel.
- When ready, split in 7 balls. Cover them all with a cooking film and stretch one by one as follows: On the kitchen counter sprinkle some corn flour and stretch a round dough. Oil the dough and fold in half. Add some stuffing from one of the dough’s sides and roll it in a long stick.
- Cut the dough stick at some preferable point, slightly twist it and wrap it like a snail. Continue with all of the dough balls.
- Put all pies in an oiled and preheated pan.
- Sprinkle each pie with some olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven at 2000C for 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, remove the pies and dispose of the olive oil in the pan.
Tips: 1. You can sprinkle the pies with powdered sugar and cinnamon
2. If you don’t know how to stretch dough, you can use pie crust. Lie half of the pie crust below (oil each one of them), add all the stuffing and cover with the rest of the pie crust. Carve the pie, slightly sprinkle it with water and bake.