INGREDIENTS ½ cup of Horio Classic olive oil 1 cup of sugar ¾ cup of orange juice 1 tblsp orange zest ¼ cup of brandy 3 cups of self-rising flour ½ cup raisins ½ cup walnuts coarsely chopped 1 tea spoon soda 1 ½ tea spoon cinnamon 1 tea spoon powder clove
INGREDIENTS For the icing 1 cup powdered sugar 1 tea spoon orange zest 1 tblsp orange juice
- In a blender, mix Horio Classic olive oil with sugar. When sugar’s grains melt, add the zest and the orange juice, along with the brandy.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, the soda, the cinnamon and the clove.
- Add the oil mixture to the bowl and beat it with the mixer at low speed.
- Add the raisins and the walnuts while slightly stirring.
- Pour the mixture into an oiled and floured form and bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes at 175C.
- In a bowl, prepare the icing as follows: mix all the ingredients together and pour the mixture over the cake while still hot. It will cover the entire surface, forming a crust.