INGREDIENTS 2/3 cup Horio organic soft margarine with olive oil 1 crushed small garlic clove 1 grated small onion 1 cup chopped mushrooms 1 leek, thin slices 1 carrot, cut into thin slices 1 medium tomato, peeled without seeds, cut into cubes 1 ½ cup Carolina rice ½ cup dry white wine 3 ½ cups hot vegetable broth salt, freshly ground pepper Horio Shredded Cheese mix with graviera (optional)
- In a pot melt the Horio organic soft margarine with olive oil and sauté the onion, the mushrooms, the leek, the carrot and the tomato until they are soft – for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir in the sauteed vegetables.
- Add the wine and stir over high heat for 3-4 minutes until it evaporates. Season with caution because you should keep in mind that if you use broth it is already salty.
- Add the vegetable broth, while slowly stirring constantly. When the rice absorbs the broth, you pour another spoon of broth. Continue to stir the rice.
- Continue the process until the rice is soft on the outside but al dente inside (will need about 20 minutes)
- Remove the risotto from the heat, add the remaining Horio organic soft margarine with olive oil.
- Stir and serve (you can optionally sprinkle with Horio Shredded Cheese mix with graviera)