INGREDIENTS 2 tbsp Horio olive oil Mountain Regions 1 ½ cup chopped onion 2/3 cups chopped celery 225 gr sweet sausage 6 cups unsalted chicken stock 1 ½ cup lentils 6 thyme sprigs 3 bay leaves ½ chopped fresh parsley 1 tsp salt 1 tsp black pepper 255 gr fresh baby spinach
- Heat Horio olive oil Mountain Regions in a pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, carrot and celery.
- Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and cook while stirring, for 3 minutes. Then, add stock, lentils, thyme and bay leaves and boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 20 minutes, until lentils soften.
- Add parsley, salt, pepper and spinach. Cook while stirring for 1 ½ minute.
- Remove thyme and bay leaves and serve.