INGREDIENTS 1 kilo large squids ¼ kilo mussels ¼ kilo shrimps ½ kilo Carolina rice 4 spring onions ½ bunch of parsley juice of 1 medium sized lemon 1 cup of ouzo 200 gr. Horio soft margarine with olive oil
- Rinse and clean the squids. Cut the tentacles from the hood and then chop them.
- Remove the black membrane from the shrimps. Then slice the shrimps to thick pieces.
- Rinse and chop the spring onions.
- Remove the mussels’ interior – it’s the only part we are going to use.
- In a pot, heat Horio soft margarine with olive oil and sauté the onion until it turns golden brown.
- Add the shrimps, the tentacles and the mussels. Saute them for about 5 – 10 minutes and quench with ouzo.
- Add the lemon, the rice and 1 cup of water and simmer until all liquid evaporates.
- Pour the filling into a bowl, and use it to fill the hoods of the squids. Then hold them together with a toothpick, so the filling will not be spilled during baking.
- Put the squids in a nonstick baking pan, add some water and cook in medium heat for about 25 minutes.